Friday, March 19, 2010

A Little Precious Moment

This was just one of "those" weeks, and today was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. A really tough day. But, something really precious did happen & I wanted to get it down in writing while I remembered this. Tonight, Christian and I sat in the backyard while he was eating dinner and he asked to "see baby brother" (which means that he wants to see my belly, free of clothing.) So, I pulled up my shirt to reveal the belly. He said, "You stay here, Mommy. I go get something. I be right back, okay? Don't close the door." (Which means don't put my shirt over the belly!) He looked back a few times repeating, "I be right back. Don't close the door on baby brother." He came back seconds later with his favorite blanket and put it on top of my belly, saying, "It's cozy. It's a cozy blanket." So sweet! Despite all of the tantrums and clinginess and everything, I think he'll be a GREAT big brother...even though he will always be my baby too. His blanket is his prize possession and it touched me to see him want to share that with "baby brother"...even though I don't think he really has a clue that there is an actual baby in my belly! :) So, in between it all I do still get the glimpses of my sweet baby boy...just a little clouded by adjusting-to-life and almost-being-three syndrome... :)

No comments: