Monday, April 19, 2010

Is this it???

(37 weeks and 4 days pregnant, and ready to pop?)

So, I'm having contractions...I've been having contractions since last night! I don't know how much time I have- if it is just pre-labor, false labor or true labor. I have been passing the mucus plug it seems. I won't describe it in detail for fear of entering TMI land, but it seems quite unmistakeable. Charles and I looked at each other last night when the contractions hadn't gone away in a couple of hours and were like, "Oh S**t! We are not ready- the house is a mess, we can't bring a baby back to this!" Well...actually it went more like this: I was like, "(See comment above)" and he was watching TV and not seeming to be taking anything too seriously, until I said, "This could really be it- I'm not sure, but the contractions are definitely getting stronger." Then, he sort of looked around like 'What do I do first?' ...I know what you're feeling baby!!...

Pause for contraction...

Luckily I see Dr. Kim this morning, and I know she'll be able to tell me more. So, my parents are coming in a little while to pick up Christian so Charles can take me to the doctor and see what's up. Auugh! I'm excited, but nervous, and definitely far from feeling ready...well, actually, we're only about 2 full days away from being ready, which is both good and frustrating! :) If Dr. Kim says this is it, then we'll make it work- a call out to the housecleaners and a little laundry done by Mom should mostly get us there. I'm having a little bit of 'second time Mom' guilt, though: At this time when I was pregnant with Christian, I had a pristine, decorated, well-planned and beautiful nursery. And while the boys room is coming along nicely, it's not quite there yet...Eli will never know the difference, but it was one of the things I hoped to be able to finish. That's okay- I'll take him anytime I can get him! The car seat is installed, the blackout drapes are in our bedroom and once a little cleaning and laundry gets handled we'll be good to go.

Okay- I'm off to get ready for the doctor. I hope to update later. In my perfect world, this is the beginning stages where I'm dilating and progressing but still a few days away from actual birth-giving...but, in my perfect world, the dryer doesn't break on the morning you think you might be having a baby (which mine did!) So go figure...

No comments: