Sunday, November 14, 2010

Our first Charity

Today is the day we join thousands of other people who have been touched by Down syndrome in their lives, as we come together to support The Buddy Walk which raises money for The National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS) and on the local level for the Down Syndrome association of Los Angeles.  I have butterflies.  But I also have a team of 18 friends and family members who are joining up with us to be extra support.  Even though I started rallying support really last minute, I set a donation goal of $2000- not knowing if it was even remotely attainable.  I am so thrilled to announce that we surpassed our initial goal and ended up raising over $2600 for this worthy cause! Woo hoo!

So much has happened this last week, and my head is spinning.  I have so much to write about and am looking forward to tonight when I can sit down after the Buddy Walk and get my thoughts down in writing...

A teaser of what's to come: Elijah's first Physical Therapy evaluation, a new guest post for my Expectations series, a preschool teacher who doesn't want to be "wrong", and the summary and pictures (yet to be taken) of the Buddy Walk...Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Kathiey's World said...

Thanks for your post. Great cause and great a amt of money you raised!
I was able to visit my brother Bruce who has Down's a couple of weeks ago. He is a blessing. He is nearly 50 years old and doing well. I pictures of our visit on my blog if you are interested.
Love your blog!
Kathiey:-)