Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My "I Love" List

When I was in high school, I used to make lists with a friend of mine. The lists were my "I Love..." or "I Hate..." lists, and they were always extensive and specific, including things like, "I love dancing in the living room with blaring music and no one around." "I love the sound of an orchestra tuning", "I love the way the sheets feel cold when you first slide into them after a long, exhausting day." And so on...Lately, I've been feeling such an overwhelming feeling of "I loves" for the little men in my life that I thought it was time to break out the old high school boredom-buster list. So here it is:

I LOVE...
that when I tell Christian to eat his broccoli, he says, "Okay! (Like it's the most delicious thing in the world anyway) and gobbles it up- in too big of a bite.

the way that Christian has been eyeing the cookie bouquet of iced sugar cookie animals, and chooses very specifically which one he will want to eat. (The lion yesterday, then the pink pony today. I wonder who he'll choose tomorrow?)

that during Elijah's first real photoshoot today, he refused to pose asleep, on his belly Ann Geddes-style. He did not like it. He did not like it at all. And I was charmed...

the little mouse-like sounds Elijah makes.

when Christian points to his baby brother and says, "That's Elijah, Mommy." I just love hearing him say his name as though Elijah has always been a part of our family.

that both of my boys (and even sometimes my hubby) light up when I come into the room. There might not be a better feeling in the world.

the soothing sounds giraffe that instantaneaously puts Elijah (and ME!) into a sleepy trance.

watching my boys sleep. The only bad part is that I want to kiss them and kiss them and kiss them...and this might wake them up, so I try to restrain myself.

the bond that exists from nursing my baby boy.

the train table that Charles built for Christian...and that he loves putting together unusual track combinations with Christian, who gets really into it!

the fleeting smiles that cross Elijah's lips- it is going to be heaven to see full-blown, intended smiles when that day comes.

staying up late and blogging about all of the reasons I love my boys...and knowing that I have only "touched the tip of the iceberg"...

No comments: